Explore all your benefits
There are so many ways for you to connect, network and share with your profession as a CILIP member.
- Get involved in your regional network based wherever you live or work. It’s your local source of information and support. Make new contacts, meet people from across the sector and if you’re keen to build your experience, you’ll find great opportunities for development and CPD when you take part.
- CILIP special interest groups are unique to our community. Meet like-minded people who are passionate about the same things – join as many as you like and you can change your selections anytime as you go along.
- It’s easier than ever to be part of your profession through our dedicated new online network, SocialLink. Set up your profile, sign in and download the app to stay connected.
- Explore our events calendar and see what’s coming up near you.
It’s simple to manage your networks and get started on SocialLink through your CILIP account.
You have access to a range of support and services that are built around your needs – whatever your role, stage or circumstances.
- Help with your development - map your skills and pinpoint areas for development using the Professional Knowledge and Skills Base) tool. Our Virtual Learning Environment has a range of support for your learning and development including e-learning and CPD materials. It’s also the place to record your CPD.
- Explore career opportunities – find a new job via our jobs board or take a look at our dedicated Careers Hub on the VLE. If you’re starting out, looking to progress your current career or keen to make a change, the hub has essential support and advice.
- If you’re working in or aspiring towards leadership, our Leaders Network can help. Whether you are developing strategies, motivating your team, managing budgets and projects or advocating for your service, it has you the resources and support you need – and when you join you’ll automatically get free Affiliate membership of the CMI worth £110.
- Build your knowledge on a particular topic with free access to online journals and access a range of resources to help you do your job - Advocate for your service using our Impact Toolkit.
- Confidential advice and support on personnel and employment law issues
- The CILIP Benevolent Fund – there to help if you have fallen on hard times or you are faced with unexpected financial difficulties
- Stay up to date with the latest news and thinking by getting our weekly e-newsletter and make sure you’re getting your copy of Information Professional, the new sector leading magazine. Manage your preferences in your profile.
- Professional registration is for anyone who wants to take the next career step. You decide which of three levels is right for you. No exams - it’s about building a portfolio of your CPD and reflecting on how your knowledge and performance has improved. Feedback says that it’s a really useful, practical process for anyone who wants to self-develop. Start whenever you are ready and you can get support though the process from a mentor who has been through it themselves.
- CILIP and our member networks offer a range of grants and bursaries throughout the year so look out for news of those.
Remember you also have access to special deals and discounts, including: 20% off Facet titles, a British Library Reader pass, up to 20% off CILIP events, tax relief on your CILIP subscription, discounts on SAGE journals and books - and more.
We’ll also reward you if you introduce a new member!
CILIP is proud to represent the information community and we advocate for the sector, your work and its impact.
Our independence is one of the things which makes us unique and as the leading voice for the information community, we are a powerful platform for speak for and on behalf of the sector. We regularly talk to the media, other organisations and politicians. We proactively celebrate the successes of our sector and we approach debate constructively, while confronting challenges and influencing for positive change.
From campaigns like Libraries Week, Facts Matter and A Million Decisions, our work with the Libraries All Party Parliamentary Group and engagement with government and decision-makers as well as our advocacy initiatives, we’re placing the information, library and knowledge professions at the heart of the UK’s future.
Learn more about our campaigns and advocacy.