14 March 2013 Last updated at 14:49, 29/09/2014
Every child deserves equal access to information, knowledge and to vital life skills. School libraries and librarians improve literacy, support the curriculum and boost the digital skills necessary for success.
We have joined with our members, supporters and partners to SHOUT ABOUT the importance of school libraries and librarians.
We are encouraging everybody to SHOUT ABOUT the value of school libraries (at primary and secondary school level) among key stakeholders including government, head teachers, school governors and parents.
- Set up a dedicated SHOUT ABOUT website.
- Supported the Libraries All Party Parliamentary Group's report on school libraries.
- Assisted the mass lobby of parliament in support of school librarians.
- Met with MPs and Lords, the Department for Education and Ofsted to advocate the value of school librarians.
- Worked with partners such as the School Library Association and National Union of Teachers to raise the profile of school librarians.
- Used UK-wide events such as National Libraries Day as an opportunity to highlight the work of school librarians.