The CILIP/IFLA Aspire Award helps new professionals develop through networking at UK and international events. The 2013 bursaries have been awarded.
Who can enter
The award is for CILIP members who have recently joined the profession. Enter if you:
- Are a member of CILIP
- Have joined the profession in the past five years
- Have registered for Chartership, intend to Charter in the next two years, or have Chartered in the past year
- Have not been to Umbrella before
- Can write an article about your experiences at Umbrella for possible publication in CILIP Update magazine
How to enter
- Produce a clear, concise and reflective piece of writing of no more than 500 words that identifies your key ambition and overall aim in applying for the Aspire Award. It must demonstrate the benefits to you and profession of your attendance at the conference.
- Entries closed on Friday 24 May 2013
- Identification of an ambition or overall aim that attendance at the conference will help realise
- Evidence of existing or planned contributions to CILIP or the library and information profession
- Demonstration of your support for Bob McKee’s core conviction that the role of libraries is a means to a fairer and more prosperous society
What the UK bursary included
- Full delegate place at Umbrella Conference 2013 (2 and 3 July, Manchester)
- Conference dinner and drinks reception
- Student accommodation
- Reasonable travel expenses
More about the award
The award was created in memory of CILIP’s Chief Executive Bob McKee, who died in August 2010, by CILIP and IFLA with the support of Bob's family.The Award will support Bob's passionate interests – developing new professionals and strengthening international relationships. IFLA will provide an international bursary to support a new professional.