25 March 2013 Last updated at 9:25, 29/01/2015
The CILIP Aspire Award helps new professionals with their development by attending the annual CILIP Conference.
The Conference takes place in Liverpool on 2 and 3 July.The bursary will pay for the conference fee, travel from within the UK and accommodation.
Who can enter
The award is for CILIP members who have recently joined the profession. Enter if you:
- Are a member of CILIP
- Have joined the profession in the past five years
- Have registered for Chartership, intend to Charter in the next two years, or have Chartered in the past year
- Can write an article about your experiences at the Conference for possible inclusion in CILIP Update magazine.
How to enter
- Produce a clear, concise and reflective piece of writing of no more than 500 words that identifies your key ambition and overall aim in applying for the Aspire Award. It must demonstrate the benefits to you and profession of your attendance at the conference.
- Entries open on 29 January 2015
- Entries close at 5pm on 13 March 2015
- Identification of an ambition or overall aim that attendance at the conference will help realise
- Evidence of existing or planned contributions to CILIP or the library and information profession
- Demonstration of your support for Bob McKee’s core conviction that the role of libraries is a means to a fairer and more prosperous society
What the bursary includes
- A full delegate place at CILIP's 2015 Conference (2 and 3 July, St George's Hall, Liverpool)
- The full delegate place includes the drinks reception at the Museum of Liverpool on 2 July
- Reasonable travel expenses from within the UK
- 3* hotel accommodation for a maximum of two nights
More about the award
The award was created in memory of CILIP’s Chief Executive Bob McKee, who died in August 2010, by CILIP and IFLA with the support of Bob's family and Liz Jolly.
The Award will support Bob's passionate interests – developing new professionals and strengthening international relationships.
For three years IFLA provided an international bursary.