CILIP room booking & catering: Terms & conditions
The following terms and conditions, together with all information contained in our Holding meetings and events at CILIP 2018 literature and our MRM booking system form the basis of the agreement between CILIP and the person or organisation making the booking.
1. All room bookings must be made through our computerised room bookings system, MRM. Saving and closing a booking on MRM indicates acceptance of CILIP terms & conditions and charges. For assistance in using the MRM, please contact email@example.com.
2. A confirmation email of the booking will be sent to the hirer to acknowledge a confirmed booking. Please make sure that the host brings along the confirmation email when they attend their event.
3. The hirer is responsible for ensuring rooms are suitable for their intended use. Please discuss any issues affecting suitability before making a booking.
4. Rooms are hired out on a half-day or full day basis. A full day is 9.00 am and 5.00 pm. A half day session is either 9.00 am to 1.00 pm or 1.30 pm to 5.00 pm.
5. ‘Full day’ applies to any room booking that does not comply with the times for a half-day session.
6. The hirer must ensure that rooms are vacated by the agreed times.
7. Viewing of the rooms and facilities is welcomed when pre-arranged through firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. You may provide your own laptop for meetings and events. Other equipment must be hired from CILIP.
1. All catering is to be ordered through CILIP Room Bookings (including Working lunches and Refreshments) and should be booked at the same time as the room reservation.
2. Final numbers must be amended on MRM a minimum of 48 Hours before the event; otherwise you will be charged for the original number or the actual number attending if this is higher.
1. All prices are exclusive of VAT.
2. Charges for lettings are reviewed annually and any increases apply from January each year.
3. If certain conditions are waived or agreed this will be indicated on the confirmation email.
1. All cancellations must be notified to email@example.com.
2. Cancellation charges will apply for non-attendance of confirmed bookings.
3. If you book the Charter suite and do not cancel one of the rooms if your numbers decrease, you will incur a cancellation charge.
4. Cancellations charges also apply to discounted lettings.
5. CILIP will endeavour to re-let the facilities if you cancel a room booking and will reduce any cancellation charges accordingly.
| Cancellation notification
| More than 2 months prior to event
| Within 2 months of event
|| 50% of total room hire
| Within 3 weeks of event
||100% of total room hire
| Within 5 days of event
||100% of total room hire
||100% of food charges
Health and safety
1. The maximum numbers indicated in each room must not be exceeded.
2. Details of our fire evacuation procedures will be sent with your confirmation e-mail. This information must be passed on to the person who will be running the event on the day and they must explain the procedures on the ‘FIRE ACTION VISITORS’ sheet to those present.
3. Fire instructions are displayed in all the meeting rooms and around the building.
1. All evening bookings from 5pm are by special arrangement only and are charged at £25 per hour for the steward. This charge will be shared if more than one event is taking place at the same time. The steward charge will start at 5pm regardless of the start time of your meeting.
2. Evening functions are catered for in the Ewart room. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss requirements for out-of-hours events.
3. The host should bring a copy of the confirmed booking form to the event.
4. All evening events must finish by 7.45pm promptly and all visitors must leave the building by 8.00pm. Additional charges for the evening steward will be made if events over run.
5. All people arriving at CILIP after 5pm must sign in and will be allocated a day badge which must be worn whilst on the premises.
6. CILIP reserves the right to change room allocations in order to best meet the varying requirements of each event booked.
Further information and assistance
If you require any further information or have any queries regarding room bookings or catering, please contact email@example.com.