If you have been helped, inspired and guided by a mentor who has had a positive impact on your personal and professional development, nominate them for the CILIP Mentor of the Year Award.
Advice, support and having a critical friend can make a real difference to your career, from applying for your first job, to taking high-level strategic decisions. The CILIP mentor scheme also gives those further in their careers the chance to shape their sector and share their wisdom.
In a CILIP Mentor of the Year we are looking for somebody:
- Approachable and accessible
- Committed to aiding personal development.
- Who values and respects their mentees’ professional views
- Willing to share the breadth of professional knowledge and understanding they have gained from their experiences across the library and information community
- Who is helping or has helped their mentee to develop the confidence to understand and deal with professional challenges
The award will be judged by a panel that will include a representative of CILIP's Professional Development Group and a previous winner of the Mentor of the Year award.
All nominees must be current CILIP members, and currently registered as a CILIP mentor.
Those wishing to nominate their mentor are asked to write a submission in 500 words or less describing how their mentor meets the criteria above via the nomination form. Nominations close on Friday 15 July 2016.
The 2016 winner will win a prize of £250 and the winner will be announced at the CILIP AGM in September 2016.