What is CIG?
- CIG is the Cataloguing and Indexing Group of CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals.
- If your work involves the organisation, storage, retrieval or dissemination of bibliographic information, then CIG is the professional group which most appropriately reflects your interests.
- Through membership of CIG you can contribute to the promotion and maintenance of bibliographic standards and keep in touch with modern developments.
What does CIG do?
- CIG is actively engaged in the development and maintenance of metadata standards, including RDA, seeking to work in partnership with the organisations and groups responsible for their advancement.
- CIG unites all those with an interest in bibliographic control, including not only librarians but also colleagues from the book trade.
- CIG holds a biennial residential conference and other meetings and workshops throughout the year.
- CIG publishes a quarterly journal, Catalogue & Index, and other specialist publications. Catalogue & Index is an open access journal.
- CIG advises CILIP on matters concerning bibliographic control.