CILIP Cymru Wales represents CILIP in Wales.
- Advocate on behalf of the profession in Wales
- Support the professional development of CILIP Members in Wales
- Grow CILIP Membership in Wales
CILIP Cymru Wales
- carries out cross sector advocacy campaigns
- hosts an annual Library and Information Conference in Wales (May)
- hosts a free CILIP Information Day and AGM in Wales (Oct / Nov)
- provides access to a number of CPD support events throughout the year
CILIP Members in Wales have access to the Kathleen Cooks Fund, a benevolent fund that supports professional and service development.
Outstanding professional achievements are recognised by the Welsh Librarian of the Year Award.
CILIP Cymru Wales asserts that high quality library and information provision is a fundamental requirement for an informed, democratic, and bilingual society in Wales and through its members it seeks to make such provision available to all.