As a key public good of the profession, information literacy is a top CILIP priority. Get involved in our advocacy work.
On social media
- Follow @cilipinfo on Twitter and Tweet your support. Promote the importance of information literacy using the hashtags #infolitand/or #CILIP.
- ‘Like’ our Facebook page, and share your stories of about how you are improving lives through information literacy.
Contacting MPs and councillors
Contact your local MP or councillor and tell them about why information literacy is so important.
- Find out who your MP is and write to them using www.Theyworkforyou.com.
- If your MP is on Twitter, you can find their Twitter name on tweetminster.co.uk.
- Find out who your local councillors are and contact them using www.writetothem.com.
As a CILIP member
CILIP's Information Literacy Group provides a forum across all sectors of the profession to encourage debate and the exchange of knowledge on all aspects of information literacy. As a member, you can attend events and training, meetings and take part in discussions.
CILIP responds to government consultations relevant to information literacy. We welcome comments from CILIP members. Look out for requests for information, evidence and case studies to feed into our responses.