We welcome entries from practitioners representing services and initiatives in any sector which can clearly demonstrate the value added to their organisation or community and which reflect innovation, intelligent service design or best practice delivery.
Applications close at 23.30 on 28 April 2017
Our judges, from the CILIP Community, Diversity and Equality Group, are keen to promote social justice through the use of library, information and knowledge services to empower people and improve their quality of life.
In the application form you will be asked to explain as much as possible about the service or initiative in terms of the following criteria:
- The value of library, information or knowledge services to the service users/communities - clearly showing the role of the library/information service and any relevant partners
- An understanding how the target audience was chosen
- Evidence of how this work benefits the library / information / knowledge service? For example, what performance measures do you use?
- The contribution of this work to the equalities agenda
- A clear demonstration of how the work has been funded, and future funding plans
- An understanding of how the work is changing lives
Please note that the judges' decisions are final. They reserve the right to withhold or withdraw the award at their own discretion.
The application must be:
- From a UK-based ibrary, information or knowledge-based service
- For a service or initiative that is current and ongoing during this year so that it can be visited in action by our judges during Summer 2017
- The service or initiative must be running for at least six months prior to 1 March 2017