This year the CILIP grant to attend the IFLA World Library and Information Congress at Columbus, Ohio in the USA has been awarded to Claire Sewell, Resaerch Skills Coordinator at Cambridge University Library and a participant on the CILIP Leadership Programme. The award will complement the learning outcomes set out for the Leadership Programme and provide the opportunity to look at leadership from a global perspective.
Read Claire Sewell's recent blog about her preparations for the conference and Claire's report; IFLA 2016: Connections, collaborations and community in Columbus below.
Partial grants to attend the IFLA conference will also be available for CILIP nominated members of IFLA Section Committees who also hold office on such committees (eg Chair, Secretary, Information Coordinator) or sit on the IFLA Governing Board or hold office on a strategic IFLA Committee. These will be arranged with the individuals concerned.
IFLA Cape Town 2015 Reports from our Grant recipients
You will find the report of Mark Freeman, Libraries & Heritage Services Manager at Stockton Libraries & Heritage and Claire Styles, Programme Manager: Young people, for The Reading Agency below. More reports will follow.
IFLA World Library & Information Congress, Lyon 2014
2014 Grant recipients
As the IFLA World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) was in Lyon it was decided to make six partial awards of £725 each rather than one first-timer award that covered all major costs.
You will find the reports of the successful applicants below.
- Agnes Guyon
- Emily Hopkins
- Sarah Kevill
- Helen Kielt
- Fiona MacLellan
- Lauren Smith
CILIP made a further six awards of £725 to CILIP members who held IFLA committee officer posts or sat on the IFLA Governing Board.
- Adjoa Boateng (Information Co-ordinator – Library Services to Multicultural Populations Section Standing Committee)
- Annie Everall (Chair – Literacy & Reading Section Standing Committee)
- Anoja Fernando (Secretary – Government Libraries Section Standing Committee)
- Andrew McDonald (Member of IFLA Governing Board), Martyn Wade (Chair – Freedom of Access to Information and Freedom of Expression Committee)
- Jane Weller (Secretary - Reference & Information Services Section Standing Committee).