Chances for Life is a collabortive conference organised by The Public and Mobile Libraries Group and the Community, Diversity and Equality Group of CILIP.
Public libraries are at the heart of their community. Libraries connect and empower excluded individuals. From supporting job seekers to providing social opportunities, the role the library plays for inclusion is profound and vital for personal and social prosperity. This event explores future direction and best practice for inclusion.
The programme includes:
- Nick Poole CILIP CEO- Opening Address
- British Library BIPC’s Nigel Spencer On Opportunities for Economic Inclusion
- Norfolk’s award winning ‘Healthy Libraries’ for social wellbeing and inclusion
- Janene Cox OBE, On inclusion for Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- North Ayrshire’s award winning ‘Appiness’ and ‘DigiDabble’ projects
- A look at the Libraries Taskforce ‘Greater Prosperity’ Outcome by Liz White, British Library Head of Strategy Development
- John Vincent of ‘The Network—Tackling Social Exclusion’
- SCL’s Digital Offer, Ayub Khan
- Plus Guest appearance from Charity Partners including: The Debt Councillors, RNIB and The Good Things Foundation.
- Ten Tips for Engaging your Local Community
- Redesigning Digital Services
- Creating Your Own Maker Spaces
- Digital Inclusion Initiatives
- Signposting the Debt Crisis for Library Users
- Open Data for All: Making & Using Open Data in Public Libraries
Plus large Exhibition of library partners and PMLG Awards Dinner
Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre
- Early Bird rate - £249 (+VAT)
- Early Bird rate - Booking of 3rd and subsequent full delegate places - £200(+VAT)
- Early Bird rate - Delegate Day rate Friday - £99 (+VAT)
- Early Bird rate - Delegate Day rate Saturday- £99 (+VAT)
- Early Bird rate - Mobile library driver with vehicle Saturday only - 100% discount*
- Early Bird rate -Mobile library drive with vehicle - full delegate - £150 (+VAT)
- *We want to encourage delegates to attend with mobile vehicles. Delgates who book but fail to attend wtit the vehicle will be charged at full rate.