Following substantial developments to UK copyright law last year, it is essential you understand how these changes in copyright law, practice and licensing will impact you, your organisation and the users of the services you provide.
This event is now fully booked. If you would like to be added to the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org. with your name, job title and organisation as well as a contact telephone number. You will be contacted by Thursday 24 March if a place becomes available.
This event is an ideal and unique opportunity for all librarians, archivists and information professionals to update their knowledge and professional practice.
It will focus on the new changes to the legislation, advances in licensing, and the changes to practice resulting from these developments.
The event will also provide opportunities for debate about key topics; participation in Q&A sessions and a practical workshop about copyright and digital literacy in the afternoon.
The programme has yet again been developed by leading IP Consultant, Naomi Korn and will be enhanced by an unmatched expert speaker panel.
Why you should attend?
CILIP Copyright Briefings provide an important chance for you to update your knowledge about crucial copyright related issues and provide a forum for in-depth presentations, informed debate and networking opportunities.
In the year since we last held a Copyright Briefing:
- The copyright laws in the UK have been reformed and have meant that in many instances, the UK has one of the most advanced copyright regimes in Europe.
- The role of risk management and the extent to which it underpins the new copyright regime, continues to provoke debate.
- Developments in licensing are re-shaping the landscape in terms of how resources can be accessed, copied and used.
- Several organisations are creating new approaches to how they manage rights and risks, which represent an important step-change in cultural and policy approaches to copyright and licensing.
- Important research has been published examining copyright and licensing proficiency as part of digital literacy.
- CILIP has published new information resources to support library and information professionals manage copying post the new changes to UK copyright law.
CILIP’s Copyright Briefing has once again drawn together established experts to deliver a cutting-edge event which will explore these issues.
By attending this event you can expect to be:
- Updated about the current legislative and licensing related landscape and how the new laws might impact your day-today work.
- Engaged by a lively speakers’ panel, who will be debating key issues, such as the new “Dedicated Terminals” exception and other audience issues, questions and comments.
- Exposed to issues raised by other participants and provided with opportunities throughout the day to network.