We have two sessions on offer on this workshop day to support our members in Wales with professional registration and mentoring.
• If you are just interested in Professional registration book the morning session and stay for lunch.
• If you are interested in becoming a CILIP mentor, or are an existing mentor looking to refresh your skills, then please sign up for both sessions.
Friday, July 27, 2018
South Wales Miners' Library,
Swansea, West Glamorgan SA2 7NB
Online registration is closed.
10:00 – 12:00 Session 1 Professional registration workshop
Are you interested in professional registration? Do you want to know more about Certification, Chartership or Fellowship? This free morning session will take you through what the process is, identifying which level is right for you, and how to build your portfolio.
12:00 – 13:00 Brown bag networking lunch for candidates and mentors
Whether you’re attending the morning session or the whole day bring your own lunch and join us for networking and a chat.
13:00 – 15:30 Session 2 Mentoring Workshop
This afternoon session is aimed at anyone who wants to be a CILIP mentor, or any existing mentors who wish to refresh their skills/share their experiences.
We will go through the CILIP Mentoring Scheme, what’s involved and there will be the opportunity for you to ask questions and share experiences.
About the presenter
Juanita Foster-Jones is Mentor Support Officer for CILIP Wales, and works for CILIP as Development Officer (VLE). Juanita is a CILIP mentor and a CILIP Fellow, so has a lot of experience in professional registration and supporting mentors.
From the direction of the M4 EAST
1. At junction 42, exit onto A483 toward Swansea. Go through 1 roundabout.
2. Continue onto Quay Parade/A4067.
3. Turn right onto Brynmill Lane. Go through 1 roundabout.
4. Turn left onto Gower Rd/A4118. Go through 1 roundabout.
5. Continue through lights at Sketty Cross and continue straight on.
6. At the next roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Hendrefoelan Drive.
7. Then the 4th exit left into Hendrefoelan Lane, which leads you past Hendrefoelan House and onto the South Wales Miners’ Library.
From the direction of the M4 WEST
1. At junction 47, take the A483/A48 exit to Swansea (W)/ Gorseinon.
2. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto A483. Bear left at roundabout.
3. Continue on Carmarthen Road A483 until Fforestfach Cross.
4. Turn right onto Station Rd/A4216.
5. Continue to follow A4216. Go through 1st roundabout and right at 2nd roundabout.
6. At the next roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Tycoch Rd.
7. Continue onto Harlech Crescent.
8. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Glan Yr Afon Road.
9. Turn right onto Gower Rd/A4118.
10. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Hendrefoelan Drive.
11. Then the 4th exit left into Hendrefoelan Lane, which leads you past Hendrefoelan House and onto the South Wales Miners’ Library.
Frequent First Cymru services link the railway, bus station and universities. The bus service to the Hendrefoelan Campus is No: 8. this service runs between the Bay Campus and Singleton Campus via the Quadrant Bus Station. Check out the current timetable at: http://www.firstgroup.com/
The bus stops in the student village. To reach the South Wales Miners’ Library follow the signs, walk up the hill, past a large grey building, up another steep hill until you arrive in front of the South Wales Miners’ Library.
If you use SAT NAV, our postcode SA2 7NB will only bring you as far as Gower Road. You then need to turn into Hendrefoelan Drive or the Hendrefoelan Student Village, and follow the instructions above.
Hendrefoelan Campus | Gower Road | Swansea | SA2 7NB
Tel: 01792 518603 | Email: email@example.com