Closing the Loop on Lesson Learning
This event has already taken place. View upcoming events
Closing the Loop on Lesson Learning – Thursday 14 September 2017
Intended Learning Objectives
- To understand organisational lesson-learning both holistically and at the level of specific component processes
- To surface good (and poor!) practice from vivid examples in different contexts
- To address the barriers in our own organisations and co-create options to address these
Venue: The British Dental Association, 64 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8YS (The nearest London Underground Station is Bond Street)
Time: 2pm - 6pm
5 FREE places for GIG members
‘Lessons learned’ is a phrase that is a regular feature of news bulletins, sports team briefs and project team meetings – but are they really learned, or are they something of a fig leaf for those who carry responsibility?
What does it take to truly invest in lesson learning in a way which closes the loop and results in real change, improvement and risk-avoidance for the future?
- What does a good project review look like?
- What are the most effective questions to use?
- How do we capture the output of a debrief without sanitising the life out it?
- How do we ensure that there is an outcome for the organisation – that something actually happens?
Chris Collison explores the myths and truths of lesson-learning in different contexts, using real examples, both good and bad, to challenge us to improve this important knowledge-management practice and make it more than a convenient phrase.
During the syndicate session that follows, groups will identify barriers to learning and sharing, and propose practical ways to both ‘unblock the flow’ and stimulate a thirst for learning.
14:00 - 14:30 Registration (and refreshments)
14:30 - 16.00 Presentations
16.00 - 16:15 Tea and networking
16:15 - 16:45 Syndicate sessions to explore audience ideas and reactions
16:45 - 17:00 Plenary session and conclusions
17:00 - 18:00 Refreshments and a glass of wine
The British Dental Association