This practical 3 hour session is for information specialists and librarians who want to explore what it means to demonstrate impact to their users, stakeholders and wider networks. The facilitators will share their collective experience of demonstrating impact in their organisations and will showcase the MAP toolkit and Knowledge for Healthcare Impact tools. Participants will be taken on a journey to communicate the impact of a project, activity or service from inception to completion. The session provides a mixture of activities that give participants the opportunity to have some hands on experience of using some tools and work through an example project.
It would be useful if participants could bring an idea for a project, service or an activity that they would like to write about. Examples could range from an individual literature search which influenced a change in practice, involvement in an organisation project or a new training session. Ultimately, we want participants to return to work with something tangible showing how the service contributes to your organisation and give some ideas about how to share their work.
The session will be led by:
- Tracey Pratchett, Knowledge & Library Services Manager, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Victoria Treadway, Library & Knowledge Service Lead, Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Refreshments will be provided (lunch is not included) .
The event is free to HLG members.*
People wishing to attend who are currently not members of HLG can join through the following routes:
Directly as a ‘group only’ member at a charge of £39 per annum, please follow the link below for details and application form.
Through your CILIP membership by adding HLG as one of your Special Interest Groups,
(CILIP members can join 2 special interest groups for free, a small charge is payable for any additional groups over this number)
Visit the membership page to find out more and to join.
https://www.cilip.org.uk/health-libraries-group/membership-0. To find out more about the activities of the Health Libraries Group please visit www.cilip.org.uk/hlg
*Please note a charge of £25.00 will be payable if cancelling within 3 weeks of the event.
If you have any questions or to book your place on the course please email Lynsey Hawker at email@example.com
On completion of this session trainees will be able to:
- Outline how new or completed projects have value to the organisation or wider NHS.
- Draft a brief project plan outlining resources required, team and costs.
- Identify a range of evaluation methods with a view to demonstrating impact.
- Consider how demonstrating impact looks like.
- Use examples from others to disseminate how their service impacts on their organisation/ wider sector.