Photo: Question time at the HLG 2016 Conference held in Scarborough with a panel consisting of Imrana Ghumra (Co-Chair, HLG), Nick Poole (CEO, CILIP), Louise Goswami (Head of Library and Knowledge Services Development, HEE working across Kent, Surrey and Sussex), Sue Lacey Bryant (Senior Advisor, Knowledge for Healthcare) and Dr Ruth Carlyle (Policy Lead, HLG).
The Health Libraries Group (HLG) is a Special Interest Group of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP).
You can join the Health Libraries Group as a member of CILIP or as a Group Only member.
If you are a member of CILIP you can join HLG free of charge as one of your two free Special Interest Groups. To join more than two Special Interest Groups there is a small charge.
Please visit CILIP membership for more information or contact the CILIP membership team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to make any changes to your group membership.
To join as a Group Only member, which costs just £39, fill in the application form below.
For more information contact the Membership Secretary: Alison Paul at email@example.com
Information about the subject groups within HLG is on their websites - Libraries for Nursing (LfN) or HLG Wales.
Top 10 ways to make the most of your HLG membership
- Join the HLG-members email discussion list (www.jiscmail.ac.uk)
- Submit an article for our newsletter
- Have free online access to our journal (HILJ), and reduced rate for a print subscription and consider submitting a paper.
- Sign up to one of our free training events
- Attend a committee meeting as an observer, and if you like what you see join the HLG committee
- Follow us on Twitter @ciliphlg
- Apply for one of our bursaries to attend an event in the UK or overseas
- Attend our conference in 2018. Every two years we hold our conference. See the HLG Conference 2018 pages for more information.
- Tell us what more we can do to support you in your role
- Find out more about any of the above by visiting this website on a regular basis