discover, disseminate, organise and collaborate
This event has already taken place. View upcoming events
This event is aimed at researchers and librarians who support research and information literacy.
Aim: To introduce researchers to a range of social media tools
Objectives: At the end of the course participants will have:
- Discovered different ways in which researchers can use social media
- Examined a number of social media tools and how to use them
- Discussed aspects of ‘writing’ for social media
- Considered the strengths and weaknesses of social media
Course type: The session will include a mixture of group discussion work and hands on experience of using the tools.
CILIP’s Professional Knowledge and Skills Base (PKSB):
This course supports the following elements of CILIP’s PKSB:
12.4 Social media and collaborative tools
Maximum number of attendees: 20
Refreshments: The course fee includes morning & afternoon tea/coffee, and lunch
Directions & Travel details available here: http://www.ioe.mmu.ac.uk/brooks/travel-and-parking/
- Current awareness and networking
- Raising your research profile
- Promoting and disseminating your research
- Writing for social media (style/audience)
- Social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, YouTube, Flickr, Slideshare
Lisa Jeskins is a freelance consultant who specialises in providing high quality, engaging training. She loves to create interactive and memorable learning. She has previously worked with ASLIB, the British Library, University of Leeds Library, The University of Manchester Library, Libraries, Research and Learning Resources at The University of Nottingham and with a number of NHS library staff from across the North-West.