Yorkshire & Humberside division - Past Events (post-2018)
For details about our past event pre-2017, please find them in the archived CILIP website.
Stepping up from FE to HE: how can the library help?
Wednesday 26th June 2019, 1.00pm to 4.30pm.
Laidlaw Library, University of Leeds ,LS2 9JT.
A half day event to share ideas, experiences and best practice in supporting FE students when moving into HE. There will be talks from FE and HE professionals:
- Keynote: Huddersfield Academic Progress tutors on how they support struggling students
- Two FE librarians will be sharing respective approaches to preparing students for the transition to HE
- Leeds' Flying Start programme
- Round table to explore ideas, discuss queries and share experiences
Tea & coffee will be provided.
There are still some places left. To book a place, please contact Jess Haigh at email@example.com or visit the event page
Closing date for bookings: 18th June.
We will be holding an informal, bring-your-own lunch from 12:00. The ARLG Y&H committee will also be holding a short AGM: all are welcome to attend and find out more about the committee.
Things you wished you’d learned at library school – an event for new library and information professionals
Thursday 17th January 2019, 12.30pm to 4.30pm.
Harry Fairhurst Library, Campus West, University of York
The presentations begin at 1.30pm but delegates are welcome to be bring their lunch for an informal networking opportunity before the event.
- Learn strategies for teaching, lesson planning, copyright compliance & more..
- Learning outcomes and why they matter within effective lesson planning
- Near, far wherever you are… supporting distance learners
- “Are we the copyright police?”
- Reference interviewing /asking the right questions
- It's also an opportunity to share your own experiences, both good & bad!
Tea, coffee & cake will be provided.
Please bring you own lunch if you are arriving at 12.30pm.
Cost: £10 +VAT
We recognise that training budgets have been drastically reduced and in order to help those with limited means attend we are offering some free places (you would still need to fund your travel expenses) for this event. Please contact our Treasurer, Jess Haigh (firstname.lastname@example.org), for more information.
To book a place, please complete this form: https://goo.gl/3RtZJB (now closed).
Limited places are available, bookings close on Wednesday 19th December.
The personal information entered into this form will be used by the ARLG Yorkshire & Humberside division only for the purposes stated below:
To process your application to attend the event, and to register you as a delegate. Information will be used to communicate information to you about related subjects such as speakers, programme details and travel arrangements, via email.
All personal data will be processed in compliance with current UK data protection legislation.
This event has been organised by the Yorkshire & Humberside branch of the Academic and Research Libraries Group.
ARLG Yorkshire and Humberside Division: Homepage