GIG Award 2019
Each year the Government Information Group presents two awards which recognise major contributions to the government knowledge and information management profession.
The GIG awards provide an ideal opportunity to achieve wider recognition for the innovation, hard work and commitment which is found throughout the government KIM function, so please do consider submitting a nomination.
The GIG Annual Award - is granted to mark a major contribution to government knowledge and information management during the previous year:
- Nominations can be for a piece of work that relates to government information and has been developed for use within a single department or Agency or other body, such as a university.
- Alternatively the nomination can be for something that relates to government information but has a wider application i.e. a concept which could usefully be introduced elsewhere.
- It can apply to a publication (in whatever format), a system development, development of a policy or procedure, a working practice, work on a committee, and so on.
- The Awards are open to anyone, individuals or groups, working in government KIM functions, irrespective of whether they are members of the Government Information Group, CILIP, or the profession.
- They are also open to GIG members, students and others, who do not work in government, but who can produce evidence of a piece of work which meets the key criterion of being a major contribution to government knowledge and information management.
In 2018, the Annual Award was presented jointly to:
- Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, Grenfell Fire Public Inquiry – response team: Adebola Dada; Anna Canning; Tim Granville; Carol Homans; Maian Leach; Annie Parsons; David Smith; Ruth Walbrin
For their highly-efficient role as the public inquiry response team which provided KIM support to those working on the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government response to the public inquiry into the Grenfell Tower disaster.
- Diane Murgatroyd (FCO) & Karen Ball (Dstl - Defence Science and Technology Laboratory)
For the nominees determined work on agreeing a new copyright license for HMG and their dedicated work to raise the profile of copyright within Government.
The second award is the GIG Lifetime Achievement Award which is given in recognition of a major contribution to government knowledge and information management over a sustained period.
You can read the citations for last year’s winners, and view a list of previous winners of the GIG award, on the GIG website.
This is an ideal opportunity to achieve wider recognition for the innovation, hard work and commitment which is found throughout the government KIM function and beyond, so please consider submitting a nomination.
This year the closing date for nominations for the 2019 GIG awards is 30 May 2019.
It is anticipated that the Award winners will be presented with their certificates at the GIG AGM in the autumn.
If you would like to nominate yourself, your team or a colleague, please complete the nomination form (below)and email it to Info.GIG@cilip.org.uk
Previous GIG Award Winners
GIG CILIP Conference Bursaries
2019 bursary application details are now available.