The CILIP Conference is returning to Manchester this July bringing together around 500 professionals from across the sector to share experiences, knowledge and expertise. The keynote speakers include Liz Jolly, Patrick Lambe and Kriti Sharma. The programme is being finalised but you can see an outline of the session content at http://cilipconference.org.uk/. Keep up to date by following @CILIPConf19
You can register for the conference now. Don't worry - if you receive a bursary place, CILIP will refund you. Early bird discounts are available until 17 May and you can book these directly on the cilipconference.org.uk website. Remember to log in to the CILIP website before booking so that it recognises your membership status and offers you the correct delegate rate.
The Government Information Group (GIG) is delighted to be able to offer two bursary places to its members for attendance at the conference:
- the first bursary is offered by CILIP in recognition of GIG’s involvement with the conference;
- the second is being funded by GIG itself.
We particularly welcome applications from GIG members who have not previously attended the conference.
What do the bursaries cover?
CILIP bursary, includes:
- access to both days of the conference
- lunch and refreshments
- all conference sessions
- entry to the conference social event on Wednesday 3rd July
- Travel expenses are NOT included with the CILIP bursary place.
In addition GIG will fund one nights’ accommodation at CILIP conference hotels up to the value of £90. (Additional nights can be booked at the expense of the bursary winner)
GIG bursary, includes:
- Up to £340 towards the costs of the conference.
- One nights’ accommodation at CILIP conference hotels up to the value of £90. (Additional nights can be booked at the expense of the bursary winner)
- Travel expenses are NOT included with the GIG bursary place.
- Applications will be accepted from GIG members wishing to attend both days of the conference and those wishing to attend as a day delegate on either day.
We will prioritise applications received from members who clearly demonstrate that they work in, or who have an ambition to work in, GKIM contexts, such as government departments, agencies, arms length bodies and national libraries, and / or members who have significant working involvement in official publications or other government information sources. Please ensure that your application clearly indicates if and how you meet these criteria.
What’s the catch?
Applicants must be members of GIG, and have agreement for attendance at the conference from their manager.
The winners of both bursaries will be expected to help highlight and promote the Government Information Group, CILIP and the conference before, during and after the event.
The winner is expected to be active at the conference, e.g. Tweeting #CILIPConf19 and blogging about it for the benefit of GIG and CILIP members unable to attend.
The winner of the GIG bursary will be required to write a summary of their conference experience, to be published on the GIG website.
How do I apply?
- Please complete the Bursary Application Form
- Applications and nominations for both bursary places should be submitted to the GIG Chair via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Extended closing date:
Friday 3rd May 2019 5:00pm Wednesday 15 May 4pm
- Applications will not be accepted after this date.
- Winners will be notified before 17th May and will be sent instructions on how to book the place.
- Any unsuccessful applicants will still be able to take advantage of the early bird rate.