Entries for the 2017 Award have now closed.
About the Aspire Award
The CILIP Aspire Award helps new professionals with their professional development. The winner will receive a bursary to attend the annual CILIP Conference.
The Conference takes place on the 5 and 6 July in Manchester. The bursary will pay for the conference fee, travel from within the UK and accommodation.
Conference keynote speakers include Dr Carla Hayden, Librarian of Congress and Professor Luciano Floridi of the Oxford Internet Institute.
Who can enter
The award is for CILIP members who have recently joined the profession. Enter if you:
- Are a member of CILIP
- Have joined the profession in the past five years
- Have registered for Chartership, intend to Charter in the next two years, or have Chartered in the past year
- Can write a blog about your experiences at the Conference
How to enter
Entries for the 2017 Award closed on Friday 21 April 2017.
- Identification of an ambition or overall aim that attendance at the conference will help realise
- Evidence of existing or planned contributions to CILIP or the library and information profession
- Demonstration of your support for Bob McKee’s core conviction that the role of libraries is a means to a fairer and more prosperous society
What the bursary includes
- A full delegate place at CILIP's 2017 Conference (5 and 6 July, University Place, Manchester)
- The full delegate place includes the drinks reception on 5 July
- Reasonable travel expenses from within the UK
- 3* hotel accommodation for a maximum of two nights
More about the award
The award was created in memory of CILIP’s Chief Executive Bob McKee, who died in August 2010, by CILIP and IFLA with the support of Bob's family and Liz Jolly.
The Award will support Bob's passionate interests – developing new professionals and strengthening international relationships.