Facet Publishing have announced the release of Technology Disaster Response and Recovery Planning, edited by Mary Mallery
Technology Disaster Response and Recovery Planning will provide readers with the step-by-step process of creating a library technology disaster response and recovery plan.
It includes sample checklists and templates, tools and solutions for promoting collaborative services to enable digital library continuity as well as case studies and lessons learned from successful efforts in recovering from a library technology disaster. Editor Mary Mallery has gathered a number of library technology experts, including Liz Bishoff and Marshall Breeding, who have firsthand experience in planning and recovering from disasters. You will get advice on such topics as:
- 7 key steps in risk assessment for digital collections
- How to use the time-saving dPlan- the Online Disaster Planning Tool for Cultural and Civic Institutions
- Designing fault-tolerant systems in a cloud computing environment
- 7 key components of a communications plan
- Evaluating free web and social media applications as communication tools during disasters.
- 7 lessons the University of Iowa took from its 2008 flood
- How cultural institutions in New York and New Jersey responded to Hurricane Sandy.
This book will be of great interest to electronic resources librarians, digital collections librarians, data management librarians, emerging technology librarians, and library administrators, but it will also be of interest to library students and any librarian who wants to transition into these new library careers.
Technology Disaster Response and Recovery Planning is published by Facet Publishing and is available from Bookpoint Ltd | Tel: +44 (0)1235 827702 | Fax: +44 (0)1235 827703 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Web: www.facetpublishing.co.uk. | Mailing Address: Mail Order Dept, 39 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4TD. It is available in North America from the American Library Association.
James Williams, Marketing Manager, Facet Publishing
Tel: +44 (0)20 7255 0597