Thursday 30 April
*NOW AN ONLINE EVENT*
Following a turbulent period of Brexit and its potential impact on UK copyright law, a new EU Copyright Directive and important developments in UK copyright law implementation, practice and licensing, it is essential you understand how these will impact library and information professionals, your organisation and the users of the services you provide.
This year’s Copyright Conference is an ideal and unique opportunity for all librarians, archivists and information professionals to update their knowledge and professional practice in this crucial area. Additionally, it will appeal to those who want to update their general copyright, licensing and publishing knowledge.
Having worked so hard at putting this programme together we have spent the last couple of weeks looking at alternative ways to deliver this conference to you with the same, high quality content and opportunities to participate, and we have made the decision that we are able to do this online via Zoom. Each session will be slightly shorter, to take into account the fact that you are likely to be at home with other responsibilities. There will be more short breaks, and more opportunities to ask questions.
Nearer to the time you will be sent a link with instructions that will take you our live event, chaired by Naomi Korn. You will have the opportunity to ask questions as well as meet with other delegates in virtual Break Out rooms during the lunch break.
Delegates will also have access to a recording of the event that you can refer to at a later date.
The programme has yet again been developed in association with Naomi Korn Associates and Naomi Korn will be chairing the conference.
Why you should attend?
The Annual CILIP Copyright Conference provides a unique and important chance for you to update your knowledge about crucial copyright and licensing related issues and developments. It also provides an invaluable forum for in-depth presentations by UK-leading experts, informed debate and online networking opportunities.
By attending this event you can expect to be:
- Informed about the impact of new European Copyright Directive on the copyright law in the UK
- Familiarised with key issues on the horizon such as Plan S
- Updated about the current legislative, licensing and publishing related landscape and the latest copyright research and how these might impact your day-to-day work.
- Updated about pertinent copyright issues in a ‘quick fire’ 5 minute lightning talks sessions.
- Exposed to issues raised by other participants during the Q&A.
Professional Knowledge and Skills Base (PKSB)
The PKSB represents a full set of knowledge and skills used within the library, archives, records, knowledge and information management professions. You can use the PKSB as a framework for identifying any skills gaps to help you plan and develop for your career. The following are elements of the PKSB that relate to this event:
- 5.3 - Information Governance and Compliance - Copyright, intellectual property and licensing
- 10.5 - Strategy, Planning and Management - Legal compliance
Online via Zoom
In association with: