Thursday 30 April,
*NOW AN ONLINE EVENT*
We are working with the Chair of the Conference, Naomi Korn, to arrange an alternative online version of the Conference that can be accessed on the same day, 30 April. We will provide more details here very soon.
If you have already registered, we will contact you soon by email. If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
Following a turbulent period of Brexit and its potential impact on UK copyright law, a new EU Copyright Directive and important developments in UK copyright law implementation, practice and licensing, it is essential you understand how these will impact library and information professionals, your organisation and the users of the services you provide.
This year’s Copyright Conference is an ideal and unique opportunity for all librarians, archivists and information professionals to update their knowledge and professional practice in this crucial area. Additionally, it will appeal to those who want to update their general copyright, licensing and publishing knowledge.
This event will also provide opportunities for debate about key topics; participation in Q&A sessions and a return of the quick fire lightning talks throughout the day. The programme has yet again been developed in association with Naomi Korn Associates and Naomi Korn will be chairing the conference.
Why you should attend?
The Annual CILIP Copyright Conference provides a unique and important chance for you to update your knowledge about crucial copyright and licensing related issues and developments. It also provides an invaluable forum for in-depth presentations by UK-leading experts, informed debate and networking opportunities.
By attending this event you can expect to be:
- Informed about the impact of new European Copyright Directive on the copyright law in the UK
- Familiarised with key issues on the horizon such as Plan S
- Updated about the current legislative, licensing and publishing related landscape and the latest copyright research and how these might impact your day-to-day work.
- Updated about pertinent copyright issues in a ‘quick fire’ 5 minute lightning talks sessions.
- Engaged by a lively expert speakers’ panel, who will be debating key issues and responding to audience questions and comments.
- Exposed to issues raised by other participants and provided with opportunities throughout the day to network.
Professional Knowledge and Skills Base (PKSB)
The PKSB represents a full set of knowledge and skills used within the library, archives, records, knowledge and information management professions. You can use the PKSB as a framework for identifying any skills gaps to help you plan and develop for your career. The following are elements of the PKSB that relate to this event:
- 5.3 - Information Governance and Compliance - Copyright, intellectual property and licensing
- 10.5 - Strategy, Planning and Management - Legal compliance
Cavendish Conference Centre
22 Duchess Mews
Location and plan your journey
In association with: