Chances for Life
'Early Bird' rates now extended to the end of September - for 'Late Birds!'
Public libraries are at the heart of their community. Libraries connect and empower excluded individuals. From supporting job seekers to providing social opportunities, the role the library plays for inclusion is profound and vital for personal and social prosperity. This event explores future direction and best practice for inclusion.
· Nick Poole CILIP CEO- Opening Address
· British Library BIPC’s Nigel Spencer On Opportunities for Economic Inclusion
· Norfolk’s award winning ‘Healthy Libraries’ social wellbeing & inclusion
· Janene Cox OBE, On inclusion for Refugees and Asylum Seekers
· North Ayrshire’s award winning ‘Appiness’ and ‘DigiDabble’ projects
· A look at the Libraries Taskforce ‘Greater Prosperity’ Outcome by Liz White, BL Head of Strategy Development
· John Vincent of ‘The Network—Tackling Social Exclusion’
· SCL’s Digital Offer, Ayub Khan
· Plus Guest appearance from Charity Partners including: The Debt Councillors, RNIB and The Good Things Foundation.
Ten Tips for Engaging your Local Community
Redesigning Digital Services
Creating Your Own Maker Spaces
Digital Inclusion Initiatives
Signposting the Debt Crisis for Library Users
Open Data for All: Making & Using Open Data in Public Libraries
Plus large Exhibition of library partners and PMLG Awards Dinner
Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre
- Prices vary with Day Rates starting at £99 and Full Delegate including accommodation and meals £249 (Late Bird rate available - see booking form for details)