This event has already taken place. View upcoming events
This one day workshop is a joint CILIP London and South West Member Network event.
The purpose of this course is to provide participants with a background to mentoring, a basic framework for conducting mentoring both long and short term.
The focus of the event is to enable participants to develop effectively as mentors in the context of the CILIP professional development scheme.
Mentor Training is a requisite for becoming a CILIP Mentor and this course is suitable for all CILIP members who have recently registered as CILIP mentors or are thinking of registering. Do come along and find out more about the mentoring scheme.
By the end of the day participants will:
- Have an awareness of the function of mentoring in the CILIP CPD process
- Have had the opportunity to explore and experience mentoring
- Be able to make an assessment of their capability as mentors and identify their development needs in this area
The morning session will focus on generic mentoring skills whilst the afternoon will focus on the CILIP regulations.
Members who have previously attended a course on mentoring skills may attend the afternoon only (14.00-16.30) to join in the elements relating to CILIP professional registration and have a chance to network.
Tea/coffee will be provided but not lunch.
- Helen Berry, MCLIP, CILIP Development Officer
- Pam Martindale, MCLIP, Professional Registration & Accreditation Board Assessor, CILIP Mentor
Facilitator: Christina Carson, MCLIP, CILIP Mentor, CSO Devon & Cornwall.
Plymouth Central Library, The Meeting Room