Covers the full conference fee and one night's accommodation for the CILIP Conference
- Applications open
CILIP Conference 2017: 5 - 6 July, Manchester
“This is an amazing opportunity to connect with library professionals around the globe, to generate ideas and build relationships. When librarians get together, something great happens.” Dr Carla D. Hayden, Librarian of Congress and CILIP Conference 2017 keynote speaker
The CILIP Conference brings together 600 library and information professionals for two days of knowledge sharing, discussion, debate and networking opportunities. The conference aims to leave you feeling inspired and passionate about the work that we do as a profession.
This year’s programme focuses on the key areas impacting our profession; from technology to policy, and social justice to learning. These sessions will sit alongside a dedicated strand focusing on “Your Career” which will offer help, advance and the tools you need for all stages of your career, and a brand new strand: the “Creative Hub”, working with Manchester Library Services.
All of this kicks off with a fantastic keynote presentation from Dr Carla Hayden, Librarian of Congress, in what promises to be one of our most exciting conferences to date.
More keynotes and the full programme will be available soon.
To keep up to date on conference developments, follow @CILIPConf17 and #CILIPConf17 and visit the website cilipconference.org.uk
The details below show how to apply for a bursary place.
UKeiG member? Want to go to the CILIP Conference but finding it too expensive? Tell us which speaker is most likely to influence you and why… and you could win an award that covers the conference place and one night’s accommodation, as well as the chance to meet a UKeiG Committee Member who will host your visit to the Conference.
UKeiG Is offering one CILIP Conference Bursary:
- the Bursary place is open to all members of UKeiG
- the bursary places include a complimentary place on both days of the conference, as well as one nights’ accommodation at Motel One on Wednesday 5 July and attendance to the drinks reception; additional nights can be booked at the expense of each bursary winner
- travel expenses are NOT included with the bursary place
- the bursary winners will be hosted by a UKeiG Committee member at the conference
- the winners will be expected to be active at the conference (i.e. Tweet so that any members that cannot attend can follow) and to write a summary after the event for eLucidate
- the places could be awarded to someone who may not normally be able attend the conference, perhaps for financial reasons, or who may not have heard about conference before
- anyone interested in applying for a Bursary place should apply by email or by post to the address below; their application should include their contact details, including place of employment or study, and a summary of up to 300 words explaining why they should be considered for a Bursary place (for example, how attendance would benefit your personal and organisation's development), and telling us which speaker is most likely to influence you and why
- the closing date for applications is Friday 14 April 2017; the successful applicant will be informed by Friday 21 April
To apply email UKeiG’s Hon. Secretary (John Wickenden): firstname.lastname@example.org