Dion Lindsay, DLC Ltd (New Knowledge Management Techniques)
This event has already taken place. View upcoming events
Demonstrate the value of Knowledge Management in your organisation and implement effective strategies.
- Do you need to know how to convince senior management that managing knowledge is crucial?
- Do you want to find out how to actually "do" effective KM or develop a KM strategy?
Then this practical course - based on extensive, real-life case studies - is a must!
Feedback from previous workshop
“a good introduction to a complicated subject”
“right mix of theoretical and practical”
Who should attend?
- Information Managers and staff who are planning or contemplating taking up KM as a key area of services for their library or information unit.
- Information Professionals who see the need for a robust understanding of KM for their professional development
- Information Managers in organisations preparing to embrace KM
CILIP’s Professional Knowledge and Skills Base (PKSB)
This course supports the following elements of CILIP’s PKSB:
2 Knowledge and Information Management
- 2.1 Knowledge Management
- 2.6 Organisational knowledge/knowledge assets
- 2.7 Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration
10. Strategy, Planning and Management
- 10.1 Strategic Planning
- 10.10 Change Management
Effectively managed knowledge is one of the greatest resources modern organisations possess – and information professionals, with their expertise and understanding of their organisation’s working needs, are well positioned to take the lead.
The concepts and theories of KM are essential when interacting with senior management and other key stakeholders but doing KM is intensely practical. Knowledge Managers have to find out what will work for their organisation, and discovering new ways to engage work colleagues will be challenging and fun.
- How to decide the most appropriate KM initiative(s)
- Designing your own KM development strategy – big bang or soft launch?
- Selling KM to your users, managers and sponsors
- Relating KM to your information services and the digital workplace
- Quick wins – discussions and case studies
- Developing your thinking about KM
Dion Lindsay is a highly-experienced knowledge management (KM) practitioner, trainer and consultant and workshop leader. His experience covers KM in commercial, government and charity environments and he has a wealth of examples and case studies to bring to courses. After a career in information management and librarianship in the civil service, Dion was appointed Knowledge Manager for the Motor Neurone Disease Association before becoming a full-time trainer and consultant in knowledge management and information management.