Youth Libraries Group Business Plan for 2016 Aims & Objectives
- To identify and meet the needs for members interested in the specialism, providing support for members in continuing professional development throughout their career
- To develop a sense of community amongst members of the Special Interest Group
- To provide leadership within the specialism and inform CILIP of new and emerging themes and developments
- To support CILIP membership recruitment and retention
- To ensure there is visibility of CILIP within the specialism through the activities of the Special Interest Group
- To advocate quality provision of public and schools library services to children and young people by disseminating best practice on professional issues.
- To inspire, support and represent all those working in or with library services for children and young people through publications, annual conference, meetings, training courses and events.
- To provide specialist expertise, knowledge and advice to CILIP, the Government, the book trade and related professions on issues relating to books, reading and library services for children and young people.
- To create opportunities to network with colleagues and those in related professions.