This event has already taken place. View upcoming events
Join us for a day of discussion and debate for all library staff across the Southeast region. Discussion will focus on the Carnegie & Kate Greenaway regional shortlisted titles, with our guest speakers adding another dimension.
This training day is aimed at all staff who would like to increase their knowledge and understanding of the best in current children's literature. They will gain skills in recognising the qualities that make good writing and illustration in children's books, increase their confidence in talking about literature and network with colleagues from across the South East region. They will also have the opportunity to vote for the South East region's nominations for the Carnegie and Kate Greenaway awards for 2015.
- Highlight some of the best quality titles published for children & young people between 1st September 2014 – 31st August 2015;
- Provoke discussion and debate about excellence in children’s & young people’s books;
- Provide a platform for professional networking and sharing of best practice across public and school libraries in the southeast.
Do you have questions about YLG South East Carnegie & Kate Greenaway Discussion Day? Contact CILIP YLG SE
Course Venue: Jubilee Library, Jubilee Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1GE
Price per person is £10.00 plus VAT, lunch will be included. Please contact YLG SE Secretary Kerry Brookes to find out more details and if:
- There are any special dietary requirements
- Contact details are needed for invoicing
- To provide an order purchase number (if applicable)
Invoices will be sent after the event.
9.30am Arrive for tea/coffee
10.10am Non Pratt
11.00am Tea and book signing
11.30am Discussion Groups – Carnegie
1.30pm John Kelly
2.20pm Discussion Groups – Kate Greenaway
3.20pm Tea and book signing