YLG publishes practical guides on the important current issues for library services for children and young people and other occasional publications.
The Youth Library Review is the journal of the CILIP Youth Libraries Group (YLG) and is published annually.
YLR's aims are:
- To inform YLG members of the work carried out on their behalf
- To report on the wider world of children’s librarianship by focusing on key issues and government initiatives
- To celebrate the work librarians working with children
Each edition includes:
- Commissioned articles from our members on a given theme of topical interest.
- A report from the current YLG Chair on their plans for the coming year
- Minutes and Treasurer’s Report for the previous year’s YLG AGM and the agenda for the following year
- News from members
- As each issue is archived on the web after publication, members have access to the articles that have appeared in YLR since Spring 2005 onwards.