Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In | Join now
Advice Line

Legal advice line

Our partners at Law Express are on hand to provide you with free confidential and practical legal advice to CILIP members throughout the UK.

Simply call 01275 376 059 between 8.00 am to 8.00 pm Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 12 noon Saturday and Sunday, quoting your CILIP membership number.

Law Express has a team in-house specialists including practicing and non-practicing solicitors and can offer practical, confidential and impartial advice on personal and business legal issues. Find out more about the range of issues they can advise on below:

Personal legal advice

  • Family - divorce, separation, children, finances, cohabitees wills and powers of attorney.
  • Consumer - purchase and hiring of goods and services, credit, and holiday problems.
  • Motoring - contesting fines and penalties, legal obligations as a vehicle owner, buying and selling cars, parking tickets, speeding, other offences and penalties.
  • Property - buying, selling and renting property, rights and obligations as a neighbour/tenant.
  • Employment - basic statutory rights as an employee, the disciplinary procedure, TUPE, redundancy and dismissal, illness, misconduct, and health and safety.
  • Personal Injury - sustained at work or in a traffic accident, caused by errors in hospital treatment or sustained by a victim of a crime.
  • Tax information - inheritance tax, issues relating to self-employment, VAT and NI.
  • Immigration - information and guidance (due to regulatory restrictions).

Business and commercial legal advice

  • Company - Directors’ rules and responsibilities, shareholders’ issues, AGM’s and EGM’s.
  • Commercial - contract disputes, intellectual property, commercial debts and supplier issues.
  • Employment - obligations of the employer and procedures involved with making redundancies and dismissals, dealing with grievances and disciplinary issues, absence, maternity, terms and conditions.
  • European law - EU regulations affect employers and employees in the UK.
  • Tax information - Corporation tax and VAT.

Contact us