Terms and conditions for the Employer Partner scheme
Joining CILIP as an Employer Partner indicates acceptance of our terms and conditions. CILIP reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time, subject to prior written notice to the Employer Partner.
Employment Partners are able to access the benefits as detailed here.
Payment for the Employment Partner scheme must be made within 30 days of the invoice due date. Your membership will lapse if you do not pay us within the due date. Employment Partner payments are non-refundable.
Branding and representation
Employer Partners with a current membership can display badging, receive an annual certificate and appear in the CILIP Employer Partner Directory. Premium Employer Partners also receive recognition on the CILIP website.
Membership of the Employer Partner scheme:
Individual memberships included as part of the Employer Partner scheme:
- Does not make the employer an agent of CILIP nor does it give the Partner permission to act on behalf of CILIP.
- Does not mean that CILIP endorses or authorises all actions taken by an Employer Partner organisation.
- Does not impact on CILIP’s autonomy or impartiality, or confer on the Partner the right to influence CILIP’s campaigning strategies, outputs or editorial processes.
The individuals whom an employer chooses to allocate individual memberships to are expected to comply with the Individual Membership Terms and Conditions.
On the request of the employer, CILIP may at its discretion reallocate individual memberships between an employer’s employees in the event of an employee leaving an employer or changing job roles.
If the Employer Partner Benefits scheme ceases, then the individual memberships included as part of the scheme will automatically cease unless the employer or employee makes arrangements to continue the individual membership on a stand-alone basis.
Breach of eligibility or terms and conditions
CILIP reserves the right to terminate or withdraw from the Employer Partnership if the employer is in breach of these terms and conditions or is deemed to no longer meet the requirements of the three-part assessment for eligibility. You can read our eligibility requirements here.
For a full and detailed description of terms and conditions of membership, please refer to:
CILIP recognises that your privacy is important and is committed to protecting your privacy online. This privacy notice sets out what data we collect, why and how we use it. You can find out more in our privacy statement here.
An organisation engaged in the provision of, or activities relating to the provision of, library, information, knowledge or data services is eligible to apply to join the Employer Partner Scheme on the proviso that it:
- Is a legal entity in good standing
- Shares CILIP’s mission to “put library and information skills and professional values at the heart of an equal, democratic and prosperous society”
- Supports the values and ethics of the library, information and knowledge profession as set out in CILIP’s Ethical Framework.