We are already getting prepared for our 2019 Awards!
The winners of the 2019 Awards will be presented at our fabulous networking cocktail on Wednesday 13th November, 2019 (5pm-8.15pm). Register now to join us for this free and fun event and celebrate KM and IM. Sue Lacey-Bryant the 2018 K&IM Walford Award Winner will be our keynote speaker.
Find out more about the K&IM Awards
Apply now for a bursary to attend the CILIP Conference 2019 in Manchester 3-4 July
The CILIP Conference is one of the largest and most eagerly anticipated events in the library and information sector and we can offer one full delegate place* with one night’s accommodation as a bursary place. In addition K&IM will offer one additional night's accommodation (if required, maximum £150) and will cover travel expenses up to a maximum of £150 (2nd class travel, receipts required).
CILIP Conference brings together around 500 professionals from across the sector to share experiences, knowledge and expertise. The keynote speakers include Liz Jolly, Patrick Lambe and Kriti Sharma. The programme is being finalised but you can see an outline of the session content at cilipconference.org.uk. Keep up to date by following @CILIPConf19
K&IM will have a stand in the exhibition hall, so remember to come and say hello, find out about our event schedule and see you can get involved with our projects.
To submit your application for the bursary place, please e-mail the following details to the K&IM Committee Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- CILIP membership number.
- Contact details including an e-mail address.
- Current employment details.
- A 300 word statement outlining how your attendance would contribute to your professional development.
Please respect the specific eligibility criteria detailed here:
- You must be a current member of CILIP and the K&IM SIG.
- A 300 word statement describing why you should be awarded the bursary.
- You must be willing to actively tweet from the Conference to support K&IM members who are unable to attend.
- You will be expected to attend at least 3 of the KM and IM strands and live-tweet from at least 1 of the sessions.
- If successful you will be asked to write up your conference experience for the SIG's e-journal K&IM Refer. [At least 75% of the content must be related to KM or IM sessions].
- Only one entry per person.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who have never been to the CILIP Conference before, and who wouldn’t ordinarily be able to go.
Alternatively, early bird discounts are available until 17 May and you can book these directly on the cilipconference.org.uk website. Remember to log in to the CILIP website before booking so that it recognises your membership status and offers you the correct delegate rate.
*A full conference place includes attendance at both days of the conference, access to all sessions, refreshment breaks and lunches and ticket to drinks reception 3rdJuly.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 19th April 2019.
If you require any further information please contact: email@example.com